Design and decor features of beautiful hotels dazzle the eye from check-in to check-out. I base a great stay on the total property package, and interior design is at the top of the list. Stylish, chic and luxurious features provide a comfortable and unforgettable experience, and inspire ideas to use in our own homes. I am thrilled to participate in the Vegas.com “Bring Vegas Home” challenge using The Cosmopolitan Hotel as the model for design inspiration. It’s really no challenge for me to bring Vegas home. To know me is to know I’ve got a huge place in my heart for my oasis in the desert. Thirty+ years of traveling to Las Vegas puts you up close and personal with Vegas interior design and interior decorating choices through the decades as only Vegas can Vegas. The get up and boogie style of the ’70s set the trend setting for the period, and the over-the-top theme them and they will come extravagance ruled the design conscience ’90s and ’2000s. Crystal baroque chandeliers and dark mahogany wood-paneled walls came to town years ago and still prove relevant to today’s Las Vegas, stylishly existing in tandem with the Californicated modern luxury currently headlining on the Las Vegas Strip. Forget what you’ve read or heard about tacky, kitschy or out of touch interiors- contemporary chic, relaxed elegance and modern luxury has checked in at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Chic surroundings in high style!
Crystal chandeliers are synonymous with glamour, and The Cosmopolitan believes in making a Vegas statement in contemporary and cosmopolitan fashion.
Crystal chandeliers aren’t just for the dining room anymore. Bathrooms, master bedrooms, kitchens, foyers and closets become a bright lights city when a crystal chandelier graces the ceiling or walls. Contemplating a “Bring Vegas Home” transition, I may be more inclined to pull back the reins on the your Vegas style is showing drama for a slightly scaled down version of glitz and glamour.
And then again, maybe not.
Dark tones and rich textures play the style game very well. I say double down on decorative drama with a premier focal point piece.
Las Vegas is an adult Disneyland of sorts, and the fantasy aspect of this desert oasis is part of the deal. Enter the Las Vegas Bungalows at The Cosmopolitan.
Design and decor features of well-appointed and well designed hotel rooms offer floor to ceiling ideas to pack up, bring home and implement into our own home decor.
“Bring Vegas Home” Design and Decor Winners:
- Lighting selections are crucial to the overall design of a space. The use of crystal chandelier(s) strikes a grand balance between ambient and accent lighting while instantly adding presence, form, function and ambiance. There are plenty of crystal chandeliers in today’s market that offer the look of expensive elegance with a most affordable price, and that point is always a design and decor winner. Another point of decorative visual interest is the focal point statement made by pairing design styles together in a non-traditional opposites attract in a wow factor on steroids kind of way.
- Wallpaper is a notable design and decor option. Classic patterns have no expiration date. Faux croc and wood grain patterns as well as traditional and new traditional grasscloth in neutral tones frame the space for pattern and bold color to proceed. Like a good optical illusion in a headliner magic show, the “headboard” in the image above is an optical and design trick. It’s wallpaper!
- Crisp white accents and linens raise the stakes. I know, I know- white in a high traffic hotel room? I don’t pretend to analyze the logic behind it, all I know is it works beautifully. This is definitely one of the “Bring Vegas Home” decor features I would not hesitate to try. Pristine white stands up to any decor style and pairs elegantly with the other neutrals in the space. Do the purple decorative throw pillows jump out or what? Make no mistake, great thought went into this neutral at first sight color palette.
- Mixing metals creates contrast, and contrast creates an interesting aesthetic.
- The allure of the design darling color combination black and white is at play throughout The Cosmopolitan. The draw is timeless, and the classic color palette complements the design flow and gives decorative balance to the contemporary setting.
Opulent interior design and interior decorating features from The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas offer fantastic inspiration for your own Bring Vegas Home challenge.
Just so you know disclaimer: This is not an official review or paid advertisement post. All opinions expressed in this blog post are my own.