We are entering the holiday season of open houses, cocktails parties and welcoming guests into our homes. Before the turkey is carved or the tree is trimmed, a decor tweak or two may be on your pre-holiday to-do list. If so, great minds think alike.
Over the next few weeks I will be featuring Places In The Home For The Holidays Decorating Ideas- a series of posts offering home decor ideas, tips, suggestions and inspiration for decorating your home for the holidays.
Size always matters in interior design, decorating, and furniture placement. A tape measure is never out of reach at an antique shop, in my purse, car or portfolio- it’s the tool of the trade. With both square footage and scale a consideration, drop leaf tables offer a stylish solution.
Hooker Furniture Wakefield Drop Leaf Table from Furniture Crate
A table with a dual function and finish is a design plus, and the Wakefield Drop Leaf Table by Hooker Furniture is all that and so much more. With two 12-inch leaves, bottom shelf, the always thoughtful addition of a single drawer, and neutral finish with wood undertones, this drop leaf table will be a focal point of any space and any decor.
A drop leaf table complements a foyer, works beautifully as a buffet in a dining room, or stylishly provides a home sweet home for a flat screen television.
I was recently asked if a neutral palette has seen its better days. The beauty of neutral foundation pieces is that they perform the double-duty of decorative canvas and anchor – embracing the all important pop(s) of color, thoughtful touch of metal, accents and accessories that have a flair for year round beauty, and the stand out upholstered piece.
The addition of accessories and accents only enhance the decorative effect.
1. Kensington chair by Currey and Company from Candelabra Lighting & Home Decor
2. French Furniture III Framed Print from Joss & Main
3. Heraldry II Framed Print from Joss & Main
4. Gold pig bookends set of two from CB2
5. Southern Living Versatile Urn from Ballard Designs
1. Square Boxwood Wreath from West Elm
2. Medallion Rosette Plaque from Ballard Designs
3. Andean Buffet Ivory and Brown Table Lamp with Square Box Shade from Overstock
4. Design House LLC Harvest Birch Wall Plaque from Bellacor
5. Ivy box from Home Decorators
Finishing Touches Resources:
1. Wood wing chair by Schnadig Home Collections from Candelabra Lighting & Home Decor
2. Halcott Frame, Anna Frame from Zara Home
3. Arobase Statue from Joss & Main
4. Ceramic Artichoke Finial from Home Decorators
5. Broderick Tufted Ottoman from Kathryn Interiors
1. Concord Grape – SW6559
2. Black Swan – SW6279
3. Offbeat Green – SW6706
4. Coconut Husk – SW6111
5. Folksy Gold – SW6360
6. Pennywise – SW6349
7. Alchemy – SW6395
8. Leather Bound – SW6118
9. Rookwood Dark Red- SW2801
10. French Roast – SW6069
Next up in the Places In The Home For The Holidays series: Kitchens need love, home decor accents and accessories, too!
Places In The Home For The Holidays images via: Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens, Pinterest, House Beautiful, Traditional Home